Phenikaa Advanced Program is designed for a systemic educational path from Elementary to Middle and High School, incorporating the best of Vietnam’s state education program with selected American STEM programs, including:
20% STEM and IT.
25% Arts, PE, Life Skills.
35% Basic State Education Program with additional experimental and hands-on activities
25% of school time for the Elementary level is allocated for Physical education, Arts, Life skills, 21st Century skills for the holistic and well-rounded development of the child. Furthermore, at the Elementary as well as the early grades of Middle school, Phenikaa School focuses on the development of positive habits, learning skills, and reading skills by incorporating one mandatory library period per week.
At Phenikaa School, students from all grades and levels will have access to approach integrated STEM education: Project-based learning, integrated subjects learning, experimental learning. All teachers and students have access to Phenikaa Makerspace, a STEM maker room filled with all necessary tools and equipment needed for any kind of project.
The ICT program is delivered right at the beginning of Elementary level and systematically follow through to grade 12 to help students make use of technology to facilitate their learning process. At the High School level, the ICT program includes projects in which students participate directly in the creation of technological product prototypes under the designated Phenikaa University lecturers. Projects include the creating of codes for Web/apps, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, IoT.
The English as a second language program is an 8-10 periods/week course throughout the school year (50% of teaching time is conducted by qualified Native English teachers). Furthermore, Phenikaa school follows the approach of language acquisition, where the entire school serves as an incubating environment for the natural acquisition of the English language. Besides conversational English proficiency, the English program is designed based on the CALLA (Cognitive Academic Language Learning Approach) model, integrating English with other academic subjects. CALLA also fosters academic language learning strategies to assist students with higher level thinking in STEM subjects and projects.
Personal Finance Management is also a program incorporated at the High School level, helping students grasp the basics of economics and personal finance.
Key Goals and Objectives:
- The Elementary program is designed to bring a safe and loving learning environment to our young students where they can develop holistically and enjoy their academic journey. Our goal is to make each day a happy learning day for all.
- Elementary students can explore, inquire, and construct their own knowledge. We place emphasis on building mathematical, scientific, and linguistic thinking and knowledge from the onset. Logic, computational thinking, skillset to work collaboratively are also taught alongside arts, sports, extra-curriculum activities to ensure all intelligence development needs are satisfied.
- All students can reach English proficiency of A1 and A2 level by the end of Elementary School (CEFR equivalent). All students should be fluent and confident in conversing casually in English and able to use English as a tool to serve other educational endeavors. Exceptional students can enroll in international English competitions.
Middle School Level:
- Middle school students can acquire solid foundational knowledge of grade-level materials and can access higher level materials based on individual needs and capabilities.
- Students can study actively through projects and experiments.
- Students can develop scientific thinking, creative mindset, STEM capabilities, and improve on specific skillsets such as analysis, evaluation, critique, public speaking, teamwork, and problem-solving.
- Students can develop logic, coding mindset, and reach high proficiency in using Office 365 to study and communicate both domestically and globally.
- Students can use English as a second language, reaching proficiency of B1 to B2
High School Level:
- Students participate actively in the learning process, firmly acquire knowledge and skills to proceed to the undergraduate level.
- Students develop cross-subject/sectoral thinking, scientific research and complex problem-solving skills, ability to conduct individual and group projects.
- Students develop proficiency in information technology (Office 365, Autodesk) as applied in study, research, media activities; acquire Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Adobe Certified Associates (ACA) certificates; develop firm foundational knowledge of computer science.
- Students acquire fluency in specialized English and the ability to converse fluently in English.
- Students develop the ability to select higher education and career paths suitable for their individual capabilities and desire.
- Students acquire economic, financial management, and start-up knowledge.
- Students are prepared for overseas study: application, scholarship, examinations for certificates such as IELTS, ACT, and SAT.
- Students can meet all requirements for admission to Phenikaa University and other universities in Vietnam.